Melissa Leo Is the First Winner in Oscar History to Drop F-Bomb!

Melissa Leo won her first Oscar this year for Best Supporting Actress Award for her role in The Fighter. But she also had another first during her acceptance speech.
Melissa told Oprah Winfrey that even though she was favored to win at the Oscars, she tricked herself to believe she wouldn’t.

“From all those years of going to auditions… [I learned to] leave and forget about it, she explained on The Oprah Winfrey Show. “I learned how to play a mind game with myself.”
But the trick worked a little too well, as Melissa’s complete shock also made her so flustered she made a mistake in her speech.
The Academy reports that Melissa was the first person in Oscar history to say the F-word during an acceptance speech!
“I find that shocking!” Melissa said. “I grew up with it as a part of my vernacular. I accepted it as that, I brought my son up that way… but I also told him, ‘Not in front of grandma!’ ”
Regardless of the F-bomb drop, Oprah says her Oscar is Melissa’s “I am worthy award,” which really made Melissa tear up!
Watch Melissa’s acceptance speech below!

;